- A Teaching and Learning Online Network
- An interactive lexicon of tools and resources for remote teaching and learning
- A hub for critical discussion of approaches to online design education
- A bulletin keeping the academic community informed about current developments in the virtual classroom
- Learn more about us here
- Follow us on Twitter @talon_cloud and LinkedIn Talon Cloud
RPI POP UP: HybridCommUNITY
The Hybrid CommUNITY pop-up is a community engagement project led by three RPI research activities: TALON Teaching and Learning Online Network, TUC Tactical Urbanism Calgary, and LTC Letters to Council.
This first pop-up of a series collaborates with The Good Neighbour, Calgary’s first pay-what-you-can thrift store located in the Downtown (5th ave SE / 1st SE).
We are engaged with the public for five weeks starting on October 27th through to November 26th.
The goal of the Hybrid CommUNITY pop-up is to activate, engage with, and better understand the Calgary community and its highly diverse fabric by creating a space for conversations. The various elements of the pop-up aim to encourage those passing by The Good Neighbour to tell us what would make their community and environment a better space.
Visit us - and contribute your thoughts and ideas via social media (#TLNPOPUP)!
Hybrid Emotions at the Good Neighbour (5th ave SE / 1st SE, Calgary AB)
- Sandra Abegglen, TLN project leader, is invited keynote speaker at the International Conference on Mentoring in Teacher Education and Professional Training, November 2021, Sibiu Romania - talking about Online Collaboration: The challenges and Opportunities of Digital Learning Environments.
- TLN’s latest publications: Abegglen, S. & Neuhaus, F. (2021). TALON: Shaping the Future of Online Education Through Connectivity. Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education, 22. https://doi.org/10.47408/jldhe.vi22.670
- MacKenzie, A. et al. (2021). Disolving the Dichotomoes between Online and Campus-Based Teaching: A Collective Response to the Manifesto for Teaching Online (Bayne et al, 2020). Postdigital Science and Education, Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42438-021-00259-z
- Mac McGinn and Martina MacFarlane, former TALON Graduate Research Assistants, have been awareded the Emerging Scholar Award by the 14th International Conference on eLearning and Innovative Pedagogies 2021. Congratulations Mac and Martina!