WHAT TO EXPECT
If you would like to subscribe to the monthly themed email please click here.
The TALON Voice podcast series can be followed here.
LinkedIn: Talon Cloud
Sandra Abegglen, TALON Project Lead, Researcher, SAPL, UofC
Former TALON Graduate Assistant Researchers
Tristan Scholten, MPlan, SAPL, UofC
Krisha Shah, MPlan, SAPL, UofC
Kylie Wilson, MArch, SAPL, UofC
Clément Bret, Graduate/Assistant Researcher, School of Public Policy, UofC
Marshall Evens, MArch, SAPL, UofC
Martina MacFarlane, MPlan, SAPL, UofC
Mac McGinn, MArch SAPL, UofC
Abira Mirza, MArch, SAPL, UofC
Asawari Modak, MPlan, SAPL, UofC
Morgan Possberg, MArch, SAPL, UofC
Opportunities: Want to meet new people, learn new skills and make a big difference in education? We have a variety of volunteer roles available, including graphics and design, marketing, research, and events. Please drop us a line or two, and tell us why you would like to join our team.
COLLABORATORS & SUPPORTERS
Greg Tweedie: “TALON is an AMAZING read each month, so uniquely and interestingly presented! ❤️ it! Keep up the great work!” (June 2021)
PUBLICATIONS, AWARDS & GRANTS
- Abegglen, S., Neuhaus, F., Wilson, K. & Shah, K. & (2022). Story 13: A creative interpretation of 99 Online Education Buzz Words. In: Burns, T., Desire, J., Gordon, J., McDonald, P. & Sinfield, S. (Eds.). Say it with a story. The #creativeHE Annual 2022 (pp. 37-38). Creativity for Learning in Higher Education Community, #creativeHE. https://figshare.edgehill.ac.uk/articles/educational_resource/Say_it_with_a_Story_CreativeHE_2022/21806085
- Abegglen, S., Bret, C., Neuhaus, F., Shah, K. & Wilson, K. (2022). TALON: Hybrid education. Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education, 25. https://doi.org/10.47408/jldhe.vi25.962
- Abegglen, S., Neuhaus, F., Shah, K. & Wilson, K. (2022). TALON Letters. NEXTCalgary, 14.
- TALON (2022). Playful reflection: The TALON Online Education Card Deck. #creativeHE. https://creativehecommunity.wordpress.com/2022/10/05/playful-reflection-the-talon-online-education-card-deck/
- Abegglen, S. (2022). TALON Online Education Card Game. National Teaching Repository. https://doi.org/10.25416/NTR.21229304.v1 [also: TALON (2022). Online Education Card Deck. https://taloncloud.ca/TLN-Card-Deck]
- Abegglen, S., Neuhaus, F. & Wilson, K. (Eds.) (2022). Voices from the digital classroom: 25 interviews about teaching and learning in the face of a global pandemic. University of Calgary Press.
- Abegglen, S., Bret. C., Burns, T., Neuhaus, F., Shah, K., Sinfield, S. & Shah, K. (2022). #Take5 #75 Collaboration Collaboration Collaboration. #Take5. https://lmutake5.wordpress.com/2022/08/25/take5-75-collaboration-collaboration-collaboration/
- Abegglen, S., Neuhaus, F. & Kehal, J. (Eds.) (2022). Hybrid community: Good neighbour x RPI pop-up. NEXTCalgary, 11. https://www.amazon.ca/Hybrid-Community-Neighbour-Pop-Up-NEXTCalgary-ebook/dp/B09RKQ2LQR/ref=sr_1_1?crid=NEH9T9SH8A1L&keywords=jassie+kehal&qid=1643914302&sprefix=jassie+kehal%2Caps%2C575&sr=8-1
- Abegglen, S. & Neuhaus, F. (2021). TALON: Shaping the Future of Online Education Through Connectivity. Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education, 22. https://doi.org/10.47408/jldhe.vi22.670
- MacKenzie, A. et al. (2021). Disolving the Dichotomoes between Online and Campus-Based Teaching: A Collective Response to the Manifesto for Teaching Online (Bayne et al, 2020). Postdigital Science and Education, Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42438-021-00259-z
- Abegglen, S., Neuhaus, F., MacFarlane, M., McGinn, M. & Modak, A. (2021). TALON: Teaching and Learning in Pandemic Times. Ubiquitous Learning: An International Journal, 15(1), 1-7. https://doi.org/10.18848/1835-9795/CGP/v15i01/1-7
- Abegglen, S., Burns, T., MacFarlane, M., McGinn, M., Neuhaus, F. & Sinfield, S. (2021, May). TALON and #Take5: Online Initatives Fostering Reflection About Teaching and Learning in the Now-Times. Academia Letters, Article 407, https://doi.org/10.20935/AL407
- Abegglen, S. & Neuhaus, F. (2021). TALON. National Teaching Repository. https://doi.org/10.25416/NTR.14085083.v1
- TALON (2022). Finalist for the Open Education Awards for Excellence 2022 - nominated for the special category Open Resilience. Open Education Global. https://awards.oeglobal.org/2022-finalists/
- McGinn, M. & MacFarlance, M. (2021). Emerging Scholar Award. Fourtheenth E-Learning and Innovative Pedagogies Conference. Transcending Social Distance: Emerging Practices in e- Learning. University of the Aegean, Rhodes Campus, Rhodes, Greece. https://ubi-learn.com/2021-conference/emerging-scholar-awards
- EchoInnovation Grant 2022 by Echo360
TALON would like to acknowledge the traditional territories of the peoples of Treaty 7, which include the Blackfoot Confederacy (comprised of the Siksika, the Piikani, and the Kainai First Nations), the Tsuut’ina First Nation, and the Stoney Nakoda (including Chiniki, Bearspaw, and Goodstoney First Nations). The City of Calgary is also home to the Métis Nation of Alberta Region III.
The TALON team operates under the umbrella of the University of Calgary through an independent research project found by the Richard Parker Initative. Resources shared and recommendations made are based on the team’s findings and incorporate University guidance to the best possible knowledge.
All information is shared with a Creative Commons Attribution license: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International. This means, you are free to adapt and re-use information and resources for non-commercial purposes, provided you give appropriate credit, provide a link to the licence and indicate if and what changes were made. If you remix, transform or build upon material, you must distribute your contributions under the same licence as the original.
The TALON team does not take any responsibility for third-party resources. If you find anything inappropriate, please let us know so we can remove it from our list. Similarly, if you know of an exciting resource we have not yet listed, please contact us.