WHAT TO EXPECT
If you would like to subscribe to the monthly themed email please click here.
The TALON Voice podcast series can be followed here.
LinkedIn: Talon Cloud
Sandra Abegglen, TLN Project Lead, Researcher, UofC
Krisha Shah, TLN Graduate Assistant Researcher, Planning, SAPL, UofC
Kylie Wilson, TLN Graduate Assistant Researcher , Architecture, SAPL, UofC
Former TALON Graduate Assistant Researchers
Clément Bret, Graduate/Assistant Researcher, School of Public Policy, UofC
Marshall Evens, Architecture, SAPL, UofC
Martina MacFarlane, Planning, SAPL, UofC
Mac McGinn, Architecture, SAPL, UofC
Abira Mirza, Architecture, SAPL, UofC
Asawari Modak, Planning, SAPL, UofC
Morgan Possberg, Architecture, SAPL, UofC
COLLABORATORS & SUPPORTERS
Greg Tweedie: “TALON is an AMAZING read each month, so uniquely and interestingly presented! ❤️ it! Keep up the great work!” (June 2021)
PUBLICATIONS, PRESENTATIONS AND AWARDS
- Abegglen, S., Neuhaus, F. & Wilson, K. (Eds.) (2022, forthcoming). Voices from the digital classroom: 25 interviews about teaching and learning in the face of a global pandemic. University of Calgary Press.
- Abegglen, S., Neuhaus, F. & Kehal, J. (Eds.) (2022). Hybrid community: Good neighbour x RPI pop-up. NEXTCalgary, 11. https://www.amazon.ca/Hybrid-Community-Neighbour-Pop-Up-NEXTCalgary-ebook/dp/B09RKQ2LQR/ref=sr_1_1?crid=NEH9T9SH8A1L&keywords=jassie+kehal&qid=1643914302&sprefix=jassie+kehal%2Caps%2C575&sr=8-1
- Abegglen, S. & Neuhaus, F. (2021). TALON: Shaping the Future of Online Education Through Connectivity. Journal of Learning Development in Higher Education, 22. https://doi.org/10.47408/jldhe.vi22.670
- MacKenzie, A. et al. (2021). Disolving the Dichotomoes between Online and Campus-Based Teaching: A Collective Response to the Manifesto for Teaching Online (Bayne et al, 2020). Postdigital Science and Education, Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/s42438-021-00259-z
- Abegglen, S., Neuhaus, F., MacFarlane, M., McGinn, M. & Modak, A. (2021). TALON: Teaching and Learning in Pandemic Times. Ubiquitous Learning: An International Journal, 15 (1), 1-7. https://doi.org/10.18848/1835-9795/CGP/v15i01/1-7
- Abegglen, S., Burns, T., MacFarlane, M., McGinn, M., Neuhaus, F. & Sinfield, S. (2021, May). TALON and #Take5: Online Initatives Fostering Reflection About Teaching and Learning in the Now-Times. Academia Letters, Article 407, https://doi.org/10.20935/AL407
- Abegglen, S. & Neuhaus, F. (2021): TALON. National Teaching Repository. https://doi.org/10.25416/NTR.14085083.v1
- EchoInnovation Grant 2022 by Echo360 ($5,000 USD)
- McGinn, M. & MacFarlance, M. (2021). Emerging Scholar Award. Fourtheenth E-Learning and Innovative Pedagogies Conference. Transcending Social Distance: Emerging Practices in e- Learning. University of the Aegean, Rhodes Campus, Rhodes, Greece. https://ubi-learn.com/2021-conference/emerging-scholar-awards
TALON would like to acknowledge the traditional territories of the people of the Treaty 7 region in Southern Alberta, which includes the Blackfoot Confederacy (comprising the Siksika, Piikani, and Kainai First Nations), as well as the Tsuut’ina First Nation, and the Stoney Nakoda (including the Chiniki, Bearspaw, and Wesley First Nations). The City of Calgary is also home to Métis Nation of Alberta, Region 3.
The TALON team operates under the umbrella of the University of Calgary through an independent research project found by the Richard Parker Initative. Resources shared and recommendations made are based on the team’s findings and incorporate University guidance to the best possible knowledge.
All information is shared with a Creative Commons Attribution license: Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International. This means, you are free to adapt and re-use information and resources for non-commercial purposes, provided you give appropriate credit, provide a link to the licence and indicate if and what changes were made. If you remix, transform or build upon material, you must distribute your contributions under the same licence as the original.
The TALON team does not take any responsibility for third-party resources. If you find anything inappropriate, please let us know so we can remove it from our list. Similarly, if you know of an exciting resource we have not yet listed, please contact us.